FOX Sports is the global innovator in sports production and we are looking to maintain our creative excellence in the digital world with the consumer products that we create for our customers.
FOX Cincinnati, a division of FOX Corporation, is looking for an experienced software test engineer who enjoys working in a casual, flexible, high-paced work environment.
At FOX Cincinnati, we write the software and build the products millions of sports and entertainment consumers choose to enjoy. Our strong team of developers is expanding as the demand for
digital entertainment continues to grow. Now's your chance to get into the sports and entertainment industry while also advancing your technical skills.
Mobile development, platform development, web development -- it's all happening now.
For this position, we are specifically looking for an experienced software engineer in test that enjoys writing automated tests to help validate products before being shipped and used by millions. The focus will be on our FOX Sports living room apps spanning Roku, tvOS, Fire TV and an assortment of other devices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar
- Full-time software development experience
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience manually testing and troubleshooting software
- Experience designing automated test coverage plans
- Experience working with the development team to needed identify coverage areas and optimal approaches
- Experience with source control and managed releases
- Experience with network level testing and proxy tools such as Charles
- Experience with REST/JSON and API development tools such as Postman
- Hunger to learn and master new technologies on a frequent basis
- Azure DevOps or similar CI/CD pipeline systems
- Interest in sports, streaming, visualizations and gambling
- Design automated test coverage plans
- Build, maintain, monitor and integrate automated and unit tests
- Become team expert on performance profiling and crash logs and analytics
- Verify analytics and ad serving functionality prior to major releases
- Verify third party and vendor code integrations
- Triage incoming bugs by adding support details (crash logs, network traces, screenshots, etc.)
- Provide guidance to less experienced test engineers
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on mobile development best practices and trends
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What we're really looking for is someone who...
- Takes great pride in releasing bug-free, efficient products
- Anticipates product problem areas before they happen
- Analyzes a problem and evaluates potential solutions before writing a line of code
- Is always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers
- Thinks through project scope and provides accurate time estimates
- Consistently meets deadlines, anticipates issues and raises concerns early
- Can work in high-pressure situations and can juggle multiple tasks
- Solves problems without being asked
- Enjoys working with others
- Is flexible and open to feedback
- Enjoys writing software, talking about software and using software on all platforms and devices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.