FOX Sports is the global innovator in sports production and we are looking to maintain our creative excellence in the digital world with the consumer products that we create for our customers.
FOX Cincinnati, a division of FOX Corporation, is looking for a passionate senior-level software engineer who enjoys working in a casual, flexible, high-paced work environment.
At FOX Cincinnati, we write the software and build the products millions of sports and entertainment consumers choose to enjoy. Our strong team of developers is expanding as the demand for
digital entertainment continues to grow. Now's your chance to get into the sports and entertainment industry while also advancing your technical skills.
Mobile development, platform development, web development -- it's all happening now.
For this position, we are specifically looking for a senior-level Android software developer to help us create interactive products. The team is growing so now's the time to join!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar
- 7+ years of full-time software development experience
- 2+ years of full-time Kotlin development experience
- Strong understanding of Android Studio for building Android apps
- Strong understanding of native Android frameworks, API and UI/UX best practices
- Strong understanding of Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with tools from Android Jetpack Suite
- Familiarity with Git
- Contributed to publication of one or more apps
- Experience with source control, managed releases and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience leveraging high-performance, scalable backend systems
- Knowledge of caching strategies
- Experience with REST/JSON and API development
- Experience with Dagger2
- Familiarity with ExoPlayer
- Passion for sports & entertainment
- Develop new features consisting of medium-to-very high difficulty levels
- Architect selected product features
- Participate and/or lead in the generation of product technical specifications
- Perform iterative testing and improvement cycles for optimal code and user experience
- Maintain and improve existing products incorporating analysis and feedback
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on software development practices and the technology industry
- Stay current on sports and entertainment products, topics and trends
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What we're really looking for is someone who...
- Contributes clean, optimized, documented and well-tested code
- Takes great pride in his/her work and is excited to show it off to friends
- Is passionate about building exquisite user interfaces
- Analyzes a problem and thinks through potential solutions before writing a line of code
- Is always looking to improve, learn from and share knowledge with his/her peers
- Thinks through project scope and provides accurate time estimates
- Consistently meets deadlines, anticipates issues and raises concerns early
- Solves problems without being asked
- Enjoys working with others
- Is flexible and open to feedback
- Enjoys writing software, talking about software and using software on all platforms and devices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.